Monday, February 15, 2010

Journal

So I got this journal at Borders a while ago and I just had to get it because it seemed perfect for me. In case you can't see in the picture, it has my name on it. It also has a poem by Ellen Hopkins inside called "Haven" (I would recommend looking it up cause its really nice). My question is, what should I put in it? As Andelle and I know, we have short attention spans when it comes to diaries. We have a collection of books we might have written on five or less pages that we don't return to. This journal seems too nice to just forget. Should I write in it like a diary? Should I write my poems in it? Should I write a story that takes up its pages? Ideas are appreciated.

4 comments:

Innes said...

maybe for your songs and poems...i might be nice to have them all in one place

Tara Carlson said...

I vote for poetry

Lona said...

Poems and drawings

Matthew Nistico said...

Why can't you include all of the above? Maybe versatility will be the key to keeping with the exercise, this time...? That way, when on some future day you just don't feel inspired to write another poem, for instance, you could instead write a dairy entry, or a short essay on your lack of inspiration, or just doodle instead. I am no great journalist, but seems to me that the key must be the discipline of a routine: force yourself to add something to it each day, whatever that something might be. Just a thought : ) You book is beautiful, so whatever you choose will be good.