Thursday, November 4, 2010

Well it was my birthday on Saturday (I know, I'm a bit late). On Saturday I was woken up at 7:30 to do a treasure hunt for some of my presents (headphones, a T-shirt, and a Modest Mouse CD "We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank") and got ready for the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear. We picked up my friends at 9 and headed toward the metro. My friends and I were wearing the Guy Fawkes masks from V for Vendetta. My dad got on one of the trains while the doors were closing so we got separated and had to ride a different train. My dad said there was much jocularity on his train. Meanwhile on ours, everyone was silent except for one guy who was shouting about how Halloween was for the devil.

Once in DC, we walked with our masks on and a few people even asked to take pictures of us. When we got to the rally, we saw even more people with masks on. Once the rally ended, that's when the real fun began. Everyone was walking in the streets and we saw the most funniest signs then. We met up with Hallie in Chinatown and ate with her in a noodle restaurant.
Once home, I opened more presents (Tim Gunn's guide to life, the beauty cookbook, An Abundance of Katherines by John Green, and silk pillowcases).

After that I went to a friend's house and spent the night, where we watched Rocky Horror Picture Show, did the time warp, ate brownies, and fell asleep at 3 in the morning.

0 comments: