Tuesday, May 10, 2011

It's amazing what fun you can have without the internet.


Yesterday the internet was gone for the whole evening, and since I had no homework I had nothing to do. When I got home I took a 3 hour long nap and ate a whole pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream with my mom after she woke me up.

I typed up a spreadsheet for my dad and downloaded a bunch of music to my mp3 player. My mom and I tried a "face smoothie" to hydrate our skin. We mixed together a banana, a cup of yogurt, a tablespoon of honey, and two tablespoons of rolled oats in a blender and let it soak our faces for 15 minutes before we rinsed it off. Our skin seemed more irritated than hydrated, but you live and learn.

After I played tetris on my cell phone for what felt like hours, I had an idea to install some floppy disks I found of Richard Scarry's Busytown. Unfortunately they didn't work too well and my mom and I were disappointed. Also, she noticed me scratch a red spot on my arm and said it was poison ivy. I insisted it wasn't since it wasn't itchy anymore, and I even put some poison ivy cream on it. Sure enough, today it is way small, less red, and not itchy at all.

3 comments:

Innes said...

hmmm.. 3 hour nap...what "fun"! couldn't you find something to burn down or blow up? ask torry for some ideas next time you are unconnected! (ps, there's always baking!_)

Tara Carlson said...

I still say it was poison ivy and you were just LUCKY!

Lona said...

Innes must have been smokin something when she did that post!!! Please ignore!