Monday, December 3, 2012

Brownies

This morning seemed to start out great. No one was home, the house was nice and quiet, my brother didn't leave one of his friends to sleep on the couch. Of course that ended quickly when my dad came home to tell me my brother got into an accident and totaled our minivan. That minivan was my one transportation to the community college.
I got really mad and upset. I couldn't help but blame my parents for being so lenient with him. This is the third car that he has wrecked and the second one that he didn't even own. My dad left to go to the hospital and I sat and stewed in my own anger.
And then I cried.
And then I baked brownies. This was my rebel yell. I declared that no one but me eat these brownies. Despite not knowing how I would get to school when my parents aren't home, despite all the time I spent driving with a learner's permit  was worthless, despite the fact that my brother has an obvious problem that no one but me sees the severity of, I baked brownies.
I didn't even want brownies. I just wanted something mine, something all mine that my brother can't ruin. Something I didn't have to share.
It was great to look my mom in the eye and tell her no, you can't have any brownies and no, I don't want to practice parallel parking. Driving sucks, mom.

2 comments:

Lona said...

I hope you are feeling better now. I once fell asleep at the wheel so I know it can happen to anyone. I'm not sure what the solution here is but I would be wary of eating too much junk food...

Unknown said...






Vivacious Blog.Thanks for sharing it and a huge smile is wide across my face!Please also visit on these hypertext keywords for money for cash for settlement payment :--- structured settlement need cash now | buyers of structured settlements | cash money settlement | money for structured settlement